Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Fun with the Flacks

I can hardly believe how quickly summer is flying by. Some days, of course, are just way too long, but when I stop and look at the calendar, I can't believe that it is moving as quickly as it is. I mean, I will be back to work in less than a month!!

Every day we try to keep the kids doing something. If we just hang around the house all the time, they start to get bored and when we start to get bored, well . . . you know what that means . . . .


So we have been going to the preschool and toddler library times. We have done some swimming. We have been to the many parks in Lewisville and in High Point. Lucy is currently taking another week of swim lessons. She just finished up with Bible school last week and had a great time. She went to the one at my old church, FUMC in High Point, with her buddy, Claire.


Of course, we still have had lots of play time at home too.  One of the boys favorite things to do is wearing hats! They have learned to say "hat" recently so I think that factors into one of the reasons they love them so much.




Another favorite thing of the kids is to pile up in Daddy's chair in the morning after breakfast and sit together and watch "Little Einsteins." It's so sweet to look up and see them all cuddled up quietly together (even though it never lasts for long!)




Many evenings, we go outside to play. We take walks in the neighborhood or play with the outside toys like the water table. Sometimes we just turn on the hose and let them run through the spray! :) This evening, we inflated this pool/slide we bought on clearance at ToysRUs. At first, the boys didn't want to go near it . . .which is so weird since they love the pool and the water table and the tub . . .well, any water! Lucy, of course, jumped right on in!

She kept sliding down the ramp and shouting, "Today is the best day ever!" Ahh, the little things in life . . .


Eventually, the boys began to wander over and watch Lucy . . .






 Charlie, playing Hide and Seek :)


I know I'm biased, but I think these are three of the cutest children around! :)




Eventually, the boys did decide to slide down into the water and had a blast. I would hold their hands and help them slide down into the water and then they would laugh and run around to do it again. Of course, I have no pictures of that because my hands were busy! :)

After a while, Charlie decided that he and his brother had just been getting along too well for the past little bit. (Side note: my sweet boys have been going back and forth this week between laughing and playing together to all of a sudden antagonizing each other into fits of tears and screaming. I guess that's just life with two boys!) All of a sudden, a blur and a little laugh flew by me followed by a scream and another blur . . .and there they go . . .


They chased each other around the yard for a while before Charlie finally decided to hand Alex back his shoes. Then they stood there and talked and laughed with each other, like little buddies. I have no idea what they said to each other in all their babbling, but I snapped a quick picture and just laughed when I loaded them on to the computer tonight. Obviously, Charlie had quite a story to tell his brother! ;)

Another game of Hide and Seek with Charlie!


Tomorrow, each child is getting some much needed one on one time. Alex is headed to Grammy's house, Charlie is headed to Gramma's house and Lucy is staying with us. It will be good for the boys to have an evening apart. Bless their little hearts, they do EVERYTHING together and I think they are just ready for a little break. And we are so excited for an evening with just Lucy -  we are taking her to the Melting Pot for a fun "big girl" meal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment