Monday, August 25, 2014

Lucy's first day of Kindergarten!

Well, the big day has finally arrived! Lucy started Kindergarten today - I know she is more than ready, but I have to admit, this day arrived way too fast. I guess I'm going to have to stop blinking, or she will be graduating before I know it!!

Lucy had everything ready when she went to bed last night - she had her outfit picked out, her bookbag packed, her lunchbox was sitting in the fridge, ready to go. We got up early, so that we would have time to go out to breakfast. Of course, we had to take some pictures before we left! ;)

A little "deer in the headlights" look . . . 

A little better . . .please ignore the date . . . it was late the night before when I made it . . .I do know that my daughter's first day of school was actually the 25th . . .


Charlie is really going to miss Lucy while she's at school all day!


We loaded up the van and left the house at 6:45 (Yes, that seems early, but everyone had been up for almost an hour!) and headed to Biscuitville. Lucy requested a honey bun for her first day of school breakfast.


We came back to the house to drop the boys off so that I could take Lucy to school. We snapped a few more pictures; yes, it may be a little excessive, but the first day of Kindergarten will only happen once!


Ready to go!

As we drove to school, Lucy opened up her lunchbox and read the note her Daddy and I had left her. I told her that was supposed to be a surprise when she got to lunch and she informed me that she just couldn't wait! We got to school and had to park in the library parking lot. There were parents and kids everywhere! As we walked up, we stopped and snapped a picture by the flower beds around the flag pole.

And then another one with the school in the background . . .

We walked inside and found our way down to Lucy's classroom. She is out in one of the pods in the back of the school. I haven't seen these in any of the schools I've ever worked in; it's not a individual trailer, but it is portable unit with about five classrooms within it. Once we got through the hall and down the stairs facing the pod, Lucy knew exactly where to go. She found her door and didn't object wen I asked to snap her picture in front of it.

Lucy walked right in, went straight to her chair, set her bookbag and things where they belonged and got ready to start on her morning work. She did let me snap one picture, but then gave me this look like, "Why are you still in here?" No kiss, no hug, just a "Bye, Mommy!" She was completely comfortable and ready to get her day started!


When she got home from school, she seemed to have had a good day. We asked her what her favorite thing she did was, and she replied, "I did so many things today, I just can't remember it all!" She did tell us about playing on the playground, about the class Chinese hamster named Coconut ( don't ask - I don't know!), her friend Vivian, and that she sits at a table with two boys. Maybe she will remember more about her second day of school! 

I'm glad it was a good day, and I'm so excited for all that she has to look forward to this year. Lucy, my sweet little girl, Mommy and Daddy are so proud of the amazing young lady you are. We know that you will have an amazing year - we love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment