Monday, August 25, 2014

Playing with birthday toys

After school today, the boys were tired of being indoors. Michael had left to go do some hospital visitations, and so I tried to encourage Lucy to come on a walk with me and the boys. She wasn't exactly in the mood, and from previous experiences, you do not want to start a walk with Lucy if she is not up for it! So we decided instead to open up the boys bubble lawnmowers and bubble leaf blower that they got for their birthday. So without further ado, here are a few (ok, a lot!) pictures!

Charlie

Alex

Lucy had a lot of fun blowing bubbles for her brothers to pop!


I love how much fun these boys seem to be having in these next two pictures. . . 





Alex wanted a turn with the leaf blower!







 Charlie wanted to see what would happen if he had two mowers!

As we were playing, a cat came into the yard. I've never seen this cat before, so I don't know where it came from. Lucy freaked out, reminding me just in case I could forget, that she is very allergic to cats. Alex and Charlie though, have just learned to meow when they see pictures of a cat in a book. So they were SOO excited and kept shouting "Meow! Meow!" as the cat paraded around the yard. They were very good though and didn't go near the cat at all.

This cat sat and watched us play for quite a while . . .

After it became clear to the cat that no one was going to feed him or pet him, he decided to move on. Poor Charlie - he just couldn't figure out where the cat went! He kept asking, "Where did it go?"

Alex sat down after playing and talked with me for a little while. He babbles on and on . . .for not using any actual words, he sure has a lot to say! I think he was telling me about bubbles, but I really don't know. It's so cute though!

Lucy and Charlie were sitting on the step together, and Charlie kept leaning over to hug Lucy. I really think he missed her while she was at school today!!



The boys also have been having fun playing with their new basketball goal. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment