Monday, March 30, 2015

Disney is for Big Kids too/Time to Leave the "Happiest Place on Earth"

Since it was our last night in Orlando, Lattie, Michael and I went back to Magic Kingdom after the kids got ready for bed. The guys wanted to ride Space Mountain and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and those were incredibly long lines to stand in when the kids couldn't ride those rides.



Our first stop was to see what Fast Passes might be available. If we had been smart, we would have stopped and done this as we were leaving that afternoon. There wasn't a lot to choose from but we got a fast pass for Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise. From there we headed to Space Mountain. It says it was an 80 minute wait, but that was something we wanted to do before leaving so we waited it out. As we got into line, two girls pushed past us and said that they were joining the rest of their group. (There's a point to this . . .hang on for it!) We stood and talked in line for a long time, but it was nice to just catch up and talk without having to focus on what little ones were doing. As we got near the front of the line, a cast member came by and said she was looking for a group of 3 to go to the front of the line. Well, wouldn't you know that we got to go to the front of the line . . .right in front of those girls that cut in line earlier. I think that was Michael's favorite part of the trip!! :) 


After that, we walked over to see about riding the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. It was broken down and they were going to close it for the night, so I guess that one will have to wait until  our next trip to Disney. Maybe it won't be so new then. .. we'll see! We went over and rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. We got ready to ride and had to wait a round because a child had thrown up on the ride just as we were supposed to get on. ;)

We rode Pirates next and it was fine. I'm glad we didn't take the kids because I just don't think they would have been very entertained.


Then we rode Jungle Cruise. I'm so glad we didn't wait in line with the kids to do this. It was such a waste of time. Especially after going to Animal Kingdom and actually seeing most of these animals live. But at least we can say we did it!

After that, we decided to try the Dole Whip. Everything I had read about this says that it is a must-have at Disney. Well, I have to tell you, that I could have done without! I should have asked to walk back to Gaston's Tavern and get a giant cinnamon roll, but oh well . . .I think Lattie enjoyed his though!



 Pictures before we left 



We decided that we had ridden about all we could so we headed back home to get a little sleep before leaving the next day. We got up and got the cars loaded and checked out and headed for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. These two guys enjoyed the rockers and the checkers on the way out.


We drove and watched movies, getting stuck in some bad traffic due to a wreck. It took us about an hour longer than it should have to get to Jacksonville where stopped for lunch at an Olive Garden. The boys enjoyed eating their "noonles" - so cute!



After lunch, there was a mall across the street so we went to walk around and stretch our legs. We thought we might be able to see the Easter Bunny, but he was taking too long to get there so we just got back in the car. We drove/watched movies again until dinner time when we finally hit Savannah. The kids were really getting restless at this point, so we decided to stop for the evening. I pricelined our hotel again and we ended up at the same place. We did try this place called "B & D Burgers" and it was really good. They had some delicious fried pickles, which I love. Of course, it turns out that everyone in our family loves them too. . . so I didn't get to eat as many as I would have liked. :)

It's hard to see, but they had these Crocodiles on the back of the booths which the boys loved. It's hard to see it in the sun, but I included this picture because of Charlie's sweet little face.

After dinner, it was time to crash in the hotel . . .  

We got up the next morning and drove all the way home. It was such a wonderful trip and I'm so glad that we did it. Sure, it was expensive and it will be a long time before we can do something like that again, but we made some wonderful memories. The kids are still talking about what we did two weeks later!! I am so grateful that my parents and brother were able to come with us too. Not only did it help having extra hands, but I love that we got to share all of these experiences with them. Our trip also made me excited for all the fun times that our family will continue to have. Some of my greatest memories/experiences in my life were on trips that my family made as I was a child. My parents did such an amazing job of making sure we saw a great deal of this wonderful country we live in as well as experienced many different types of culture, history, art, and great food. But as wonderful as those experiences were, the best part was the time spent with family. We can still laugh over different inside jokes from many years ago!! I can't wait to do the same for my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment