Sunday, August 6, 2017

Alex and Charlie's birthday party

It's hard to believe these boys are going to be 5 this week!!! Where does time go? Weren't they just turning two??? For their birthday party this year, they wanted to go to the Play Lodge up in Asheville. So on Friday, we drove up the mountain for the day to play.


First things first, I made the boys go and take their picture in the rowboat. They looked at me like I was strange, but I have a picture of them in the rowboat from every time we've gone.


They're getting so big . . .weren't these pictures taken just the other day??!!



I took almost no pictures while we were there . . . so not like me! But they were all running around and having fun, and didn't want to have to stop and say cheese!



After we played, the boys decided on Juicy Lucy for lunch. We had a nice lunch but they were anxious to get to the best part of any birthday celebration - the presents!!







After presents it was time for blowing out candles!!!



I wanted a nice picture of the boys . . . however, that is proving to be difficult these days! They are so silly!!!!




After we finished at Juicy Lucy, we drove down to Gaffney so that we could go to the Prime Outlets. Usually around this time I am at Choral Fest and I stop by and get Lucy a bookbag from the Pottery Barn outlet. However, there was no Choral Fest this year. It was a good weekend to go to the outlets though because it was tax free shopping in SC. We got Lucy's bookbag for $12 even! We also purchase new tennis shoes for everyone at the Nike outlet and got a few other clothing items while we were there. The kids and Michael sat and ate sno cones while I did a little shopping for me too! :)

We got home late, but I had promised the boys a little bit of play time with their new toys before bed. They wanted to play with the Lion Guard set so we had a little fun with that and our new Star Wars toys before heading to bed.

The last few days have been filled with playing with new toys - Lincoln Logs ( or "Linking Logs" as the boys call them), Tinker Toys, dress up, and cars! Hopefully, these new toys will keep them occupied for their last two weeks of summer vacation before we return to school!








No comments:

Post a Comment