Thursday, August 10, 2017

Birthday Boys!

I can't believe I have two five year old boys!!! How did time go so quickly??!! This morning at 6:00 AM, I had a little finger poking me saying, "Mommy, now I'm five!" I had to go to work today so I left this morning and planned to meet them for lunch. The birthday boys, of course, wanted ChickFilA!

Aunt Lauren, Uncle Joe and the girls joined us for lunch. The people at ChickFilA were so nice and gave them balloons and a little stuffed cow for their birthday. After we ate, they opened their presents from Mommy, Daddy and Lucy. The boys liked their Raffi and Sheep shirts!



Lucy was so excited to give them her gift. She had gotten them all of the Lion Guard figures to play on their new toy.


Alex was very excited to open his magnet blocks. Magnet blocks WITH WHEELS is something he has been wanting for a very long time.


Finally, they opened the gift with their Lego house set. Lucy couldn't wait to show them that there was a potty Lego! When does bathroom humor start to lose its appeal???

I had to go back to work after lunch, but everyone else went back to the house and had playtime together. When I got home, it was time to get ready for birthday dinner with grandparents. There was an accident that had shutdown eastbound I-40, so we had to travel a different way to get to Carter Brothers for dinner. Our trip that should have taken 30 minutes took us an hour and 15 minutes!! They were so busy when we got there but we finally got seated and had a nice meal. I didn't even get any pictures at dinner and once we got home, it was time for bed! Oh well. . . 

It seems like these past five years have just flown by . .. maybe not in the day to day struggles, but it does seem like it was just yesterday that they were learning to walk around our house. And now? Well, Charlie sat with me on the couch for a bit when I got home because he wanted to do his "homework." (He has these little workbooks for letter recognition, beginning sounds, etc.) We sat there together and worked on beginning sounds, which at the end of last school year, he just didn't get - he could recognize all the letters, but didn't understand how those letters matched up with the sound. Now we were sitting here and he could answer everything like a pro. I just sat there thinking, "When did this happen? How did he grow up into a KID??" But he has. . . they both have. I am so thankful that I get to be Mom to these amazing two little boys. They are just the sweetest, funniest kids who are just so much fun to be with. Sure, they have their moments (many of them these past few weeks of summer!!), but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. Happy birthday, Charlie and Alex! Mommy loves you SO much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment