Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Fourth Birthday, Lucy!

Yesterday, Lucy informed everyone that it was her last day of being three.

Can hardly wait to open her presents tomorrow. . .


 And so that means that today was her FIRST day of being FOUR! I can hardly believe that we have a four year old in our house!


Lucy took cookie cake to school today to share with all her friends. She was so excited because everyone sang happy birthday to her at school twice! :) When I picked her up from school, the first thing she asked was, "Can we go home and open my presents now?" So of course we did. . .





Lucy has been asking and asking for this fairy costume for her birthday. I don't know what she would have done if she hadn't gotten it. .. I think she wore it most of the night!

After presents, we went to eat Cheese Pizza at Blue Mountain Pizza in downtown Weaverville - Lucy's choice! At dinner we were talking about birthdays and Michael asked Lucy how old she thought he was. She answered, "73?" He told her no it was less than that and she said, "71?" ;)


The people at BMP were so nice to Lucy for her birthday - the manager even brought her this bunny as a birthday present!

 We came home and got a picture of the big birthday girl. . . who is already talking about next year when she turns five! Slow down baby . . .it will be here soon enough!

And after taking her picture, Lucy wanted one with her boys. :) I love how much she loves her brothers.

This cracks me up. . .

Charlie got bored quickly but Alex was having a good time sitting with his sister. I have to say, I love this picture. :)


 It seems like she was just born . . and then I blinked and here we are four years later. I remember that first night with her, sitting in the hospital bed, just sitting and holding her. The song, "Love has the Final Move" kept running through my head, particulary the line about the mother who says to her baby daughter, "Because you're here my little girl, it's going to be a better world." I remember holding her and thinking how much better and brighter and more beautiful this world was because she was now a part of it. And how true that is. Lucy is the sweetest, funniest, smartest kid I know. I am so blessed to be her mother and as she grows I can't help but marvel at what an amazing person she is becoming each day . . . despite my many failures as a parent. The name Lucy means "light" and a light she is to everyone she meets. What a blessing she is to our family - I love you, my precious girl and am so thankful for you! Happy birthday!




No comments:

Post a Comment