Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy May!

So sorry that updates are few and far between these days . . . life definitely is keeping us busy! I hardly get a chance to pick up the camera these days because when we are out playing, one boy is running one way while the other boy is going the other! ;) These boys love to go, go, go!! They do not care for being confined anywhere and do all that they can to escape. In fact, Michael left Charlie in the living room while he went to get Alex out of his crib after his nap. All he did was walk down the hall and back and in that time, Charlie had climbed over the couch and gate, opened the door, gotten down off the porch and went out to play in the backyard! Sigh . . . these boys are going to age me quickly!!


Some of these are pictures from my phone. . . some are from my camera. . . .but here's a glimpse into our life lately!


The kids love to play outside!! Blowing bubbles is a favorite!

We went for a walk in the neighborhood the other day and let the boys out at the end of the road to run around. They took great pleasure in collecting gumballs and bringing them to me with a big smile on their face. Even though they aren't "flowers," I took a picture so I could remember the first "bouquet" my boys ever gave me. :)

We have been trying once a month to have a day with each one of our kids. It gives us a chance to have some quality one on one time with each of our babies. Especially with having twins, it's nice to be able to get to know them individually since they are always together. This month, we had a day with Alex. Charlie went to Grammy's house and Lucy went to Gramma's house so everyone gets to have individual time. I thought that they boys would miss each other but it was quite the opposite. Alex really seemed to enjoy having the run of the house, getting to play with whatever toy he wanted whenever he wanted, having both parents' attention whenever he pleased . . . .in fact, once everyone came back home, it took the evening for him to readjust to not being an only child! ;) Here he is, riding Harry the dragon at Harris Teeter. 

I snapped this picture while the boys were watching Mickey Mouse the other day. I looked up from sitting on the couch and laughed out loud at my view . . .sometimes these guys remind me just how twin-like they are! :)

Sweet boys on the couch



I snapped these pictures in the yard the other day. It's almost impossible right now to get a picture of all three of them together, but this was the first one I snapped and miraculously, they were all looking at the camera! 

Can you believe this girl will be 5 in a month?? What happened to my baby?? I'm going to have to stop blinking or she will be off to college before I know it!

Lucy will sit and smile for a picture, but the boys??? Sitting is not really in their vocabulary . . .this is what you see most of the time. . .

Or this . . . 


At Union, I have been having children's choir for the past 6 weeks and the kids put together a program to sing for Mother's Day. Yes, there are only four kids singing, but it's a small church. They did a good job and while they were small in number, they sang their little hearts out. Hopefully everyone at church enjoyed it. :) I enjoyed having my baby up there singing . . .and a year from now, we'll probably have two more little boys joining in as well!

Every Mother's Day, I always get a picture with my reasons to celebrate. :) Remember how I said it's hard to get them to all look at the camera . . .at least they are still cute! 


We had dinner on Mother's Day with the Flacks. Pappy snapped this picture while we were out playing in the yard and I just love it . . . Charlie's smile (even upside down!) just lights up everything around him. Love this kid!!

We had Lucy's end of the year picnic today at the park. One more week of 4 year old preschool and then she will be a Kindergartener! She's had a good year at school and has grown by leaps and bounds. Academically, I'm not sure how much she learned at school, but socially, I have really seen her mature. I'm not in a rush for August to get here, but I am confident that she will do awesome in Kindergarten!



No comments:

Post a Comment