Friday, May 23, 2014

Last day of preschool! Kindergarten, here we come!

Can you believe the day has come? Where does time go? Lucy is officially finished with preschool and on to Kindergarten! Just look at how much she's grown this year -

1st day

Last day

Lucy is so ready for Kindergarten and I have no worries about her being prepared. However, I did not expect myself to be so emotional today! As I told her to have a good last day of preschool, I felt my eyes fill up with tears. It seems like yesterday she was born and now she's finished with preschool and turning five in a few weeks. In August, she'll start Kindergarten and then before we're ready, she'll be graduating. I think it just hit me today how quickly time is moving. Yes, some days and weeks seem like they will never end as we get caught up in the day to day grind of life. But these moments and days are fleeting and all too soon, this stage of life will be gone. I am going to do my best this summer to hold on to those moments - to slow down and savor as much as I can . . .even the moments where the house is a mess, the kids are screaming, and I just want to take a nap. Because the day will come when my house is clean and quiet and I can nap . . .but I can never get these days back. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment