Monday, May 20, 2013

The Health Adventure

Lucy's teachers had a workday at her preschool so she had the day off. I wanted to come up with something we could do besides hang out at home and watch TV. It has definitely been warm here in the mountains and the boys just don't need to be out in the sun at their age and with their creams to help their skin. So I was looking for indoor fun when I remembered we had never been to the Health Adventure. It is a museum designed to educate kids in all sorts of health/science related topics. I knew that she wouldn't be very interested in the actual science behind everything but she would love doing the hands-on activities.

In hindsight, I should have checked pricing before we left but I figured we had been to enough children's museums to know about how much it would cost. Michael and I were both floored to discover that they wanted us to pay $9.50 per adult and then $6.50 for Lucy. (Thankfully, the boys were free.) Maybe it's just me, but I think that is an awful lot of money for a parent to have to pay to simply watch their child. It's not like you can go and drop your child off so the minimum anyone is going to pay to go in is $16! Since the museum is located in part of the Biltmore Square Mall, Michael took the boys to walk around and Lucy and I stayed and played in order to save $10.

Lucy did have a good time though so it was worth it. After a while, we left and went and met the boys at the food court where everyone enjoyed some Chick-fil-a. (I think that this must be the fast food choice of stay-at-home moms because it was quite crowded!) On the way out the door, I had found a sticker on the floor (everyone who paid had to wear a sticker) so I picked it up. After lunch, Michael put it on his shirt and we all went back in. (Shh!!) I took the boys and let them play in the baby area while Lucy showed her Daddy all of her favorite things. I didn't want him to miss out on the fun either!

It was fun, but needless to say, we won't be going back since we'll only be up here for another month. I can't afford it!! Lucy is out of school again next Monday as well for Memorial Day. . . I will have to look into cheaper entertainment. Below are photos though from our outing . . .enjoy!!

Lego station

You could sit in a row boat and go fishing - Lucy caught one!

Sliding down the "tongue" in the oral care section

 Brushing teeth!



Lucy loves grocery shopping

Steering the pirate ship

She had the best time on this slide - it was really fast and sent her flying a couple of times!!

Fixing breakfast in the kitchen

Land Ho!

Charlie, practicing his new skill of crawling

Alex playing the piano

Charlie looks cute here, but I love how excited Alex looks ;)

Charlie, working on pulling up

Brotherly love :)

Time to eat


Waiting on Daddy to finish his shopping so she can ring him up

She told her Daddy his grocery bill was "One Eight One" - whew!! He told her that he didn't have enough money so she took some out of the cash register and handed it to him. Michael asked her if this was Obama's grocery store and she said, "Yup!"

Lucy decided it was her turn to shop, so she held out her hands and said, "Daddy, I need money. I have to go shopping." (I imagine that her Poppa has heard that line somewhere before too!)





No comments:

Post a Comment