Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20th

Can it really only be five days til Christmas? Time is flying by!!

Lucy has enjoyed spending her afternoon watching Christmas movies. . . Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Charlie Brown Christmas, Mickey's Christmas Carol, Wee Sing Best Christmas . . . at least it's a change from My Little Pony and Blues Clues!


She also came home today with ornaments that she made at school. :)


Lately, I haven't posted a lot of news. After all, I really keep this blog up so that I will remember the things my children have done! ;) The boys are growing so quickly. As you saw in the video yesterday, they are beginning to interact with each other and they love when someone sits and talks to them one on one. They are happy babies. . . but they sure do have their moments! They both have been rolling all over the place and scooting on their backs around the floor. The other day, they moved their playmat from the middle of the floor to underneath the tree. For the past two mornings, Charlie has rolled himself onto his belly to sleep. He doesn't stick his butt up in the air the way Lucy used to though! And speaking of mornings, the boys have been sleeping from their 8 PM feeding until around 5:30 in the morning for the past 4 nights! I feel like a new person - it's amazing what sleep can do for you!!! ;)

Lucy is doing well. She has also been waking up around 5 or 5:30. . . I'm not sure if it's because she hears the rest of us stirring, but she always wants to look for Zoey. (Our elf) She is so excited about Christmas and it has been so much fun this year. I thought last year was great but her joy and excitement and wonder at everything is contagious. I'm trying so hard to freeze some of these memories in my memory because I want this stage of innocence and joy and wonder to last forever.

Oh, and a cute Lucy story I don't want to forget. We always have communion at church on the first Sunday of every month. Lucy had been in the nursery so she came up after I had already gone up. She looked at me and I nodded and she ran to take communion from her Daddy. She got her bread, dipped it in the cup and ate it. . . and then went and got in line with Mr. Wendell to get another piece of bread because she loves it so much. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment