Friday, December 19, 2014

December 19th

Today was a full day. The boys did not sleep well last night and then wanted to get up super early this morning. I have no idea how they had so much energy this morning because I was dragging!!! I went to school this morning for chapel and to clean up my room so that I could officially be on break. When I got home, the boys were a little moody. They wanted to get into everything so every time I turned around, they were bringing me something else. Charlie came walking up to me at one point with cash . . . from my wallet inside my purse . . . .oh my goodness. . .


After lunch and a nap (a short one . . seriously, boys, aren't you tired yet???) , we went and picked Lucy up from school and then headed to the mall to ride the Carousel as a special treat. When we got Alex out of the car, his belly had hives all over it and his ear was red from scratching. We went on into the mall and he seemed to be doing ok. Lucy decided she wanted to ride the teacup on the carousel and when the boys saw where Lucy was headed, well, the boys had to ride too!!



When we got back to the car, Alex seemed to be fine, but then when we got home, he was broken out in hives again. He was scratching at his wrists and legs and ears. We gave him some Benadryl as soon as we came in and after about 30 minutes, you could start to tell a difference. We considered taking him into the pediatrician but decided against it. He seemed to be doing better and with all the sickness that's going around right now, I didn't want him anywhere near all those germs!

Since the kids had enjoyed making our gingerbread houses the other night, I thought they might enjoy another craft activity. I had bought this foam tree with stickers the other year at Target after Christmas for next to nothing so we got it out and started decorating!





Everyone had fun and did a good job sharing stickers and space. It was a great activity to keep us occupied until dinner time! :)

After dinner, we ran around the house and played and celebrated being done with school for the year. :) When I got Alex ready for bed, he was still red in different spots where his hives had been. Hopefully he will be better after a good night's sleep. I'm hoping that when we share this with the allergist in a few weeks, he will finally do a skin test to see what all these boys are actually allergic to. I have no idea what caused him to have hives today. . .

Anyway, I am tired!! Here's to a good night's sleep for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment