Wednesday, December 3, 2014

December 3rd

On Sunday, Union UMC had their annual Christmas pageant. Lucy participated again this year as an angel. Here are some pictures from that evening:

One cute angel, ready for the program!

I worked with the kids on a few songs to play on the color bells. Lucy was so excited because she got to play two. (She really just wanted to play the purple bell, but it only played two notes and I figured she could handle more than that!)

Looking at the music for "Joy to the World"

We sang and played bells on "O Come Little Children"

Each child had a small poem to recite at the beginning of the program. Lucy was up first, so she got to welcome everyone.

Angels in the nativity scene


The kids also sang while they were all standing around the manger. 

After the program was over, Santa stopped by for a visit. I wish I had my camera with me when Lucy first saw him - the look on her face was priceless! She was in total awe! She got to tell Santa what she wanted for Christmas and then he gave her a candy cane, which she promptly devoured. :)

It was a nice program and a wonderful way to start the season of Advent at the church. Grammy and Poppa stayed with the boys since all this fun went way past their bedtime. Everyone kept saying to me, "Oh, next year, Alex and Charlie will be ready to recite a poem and be in the nativity scene." Hmm . .. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment