Saturday, December 12, 2015

December 12th

Everyone woke up this morning in a wonderful mood . . .even though it had been an evening of getting up and down with the boys . . . and so as I was getting ready to run errands this morning, all the kids wanted to play in the giant box that came to the house the other day.



They had the best time; first it was a McDonalds and then it was a house. They colored and decorated it and filled it with pillows and stuffed animals and sat in it while watching TV.


The boys and I went out and ran some Christmas errands this morning. I wanted to get as much done as early as we could. Last Saturday we did the same and shopping was SO easy until about 10:30 when everyone had gotten up and headed out. As we were shopping, I was telling them about the gifts that they had gotten for Lucy and that she had bought a present for them. I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I hadn't let THEM shop for a gift for each other. As hard as I try to make sure that we treat them as individuals, sometimes I still group them together. So after running the errands we needed to do, we came home and dropped off Charlie and then Alex and I went back out and found his brother a present. Then we traded off and Charlie and I went shopping. They were so excited to pick out gifts for each other and I was so amazed that they were so focused on picking something that the other one would want. It was very sweet and I also enjoyed having just a little bit of one on one time with each one.

This afternoon, as we were playing everyone seemed fascinated by Mommy's new snowman. (Merry Christmas to me!) So of course, we had to have our picture taken with it! (Except for Alex, he was not in a photo mood!)



And then we had some more fun in the box . . .

Also, this afternoon, I finally got my lights on the porch set up. I loved pulling in the driveway this evening and seeing everything look so Christmas-y!


No comments:

Post a Comment