Monday, December 7, 2015

December 7th

What a day it's been! Lucy woke up this morning and was acting pitiful. She had twisted her ankle tripping over a toy on Saturday. (Imagine that - toys in the floor at my house!) It had been bothering her all weekend and then she just didn't want to get up and get moving this morning. We were going to call and schedule a doctor's appointment anyway so I asked her if she just wanted to stay home and have a "mental health day." She was all about that idea and thrilled to get to eat breakfast in Mommy and Daddy's bed while watching Netflix.


The boys had school today and were so excited to go. They love school and I love it for them because, let me tell you, I needed a break. As wonderful and sweet and precious as they can be, they are driving me up the wall!! The fighting, the whining, the sheer loudness of everything they do. . . . it will drive you crazy! They also had PE today at school and had a great time with scarves, scooters, and throwing basketballs through hula hoops. Our PE teacher at school sent me these on my phone . . . you can see how much fun they had!




After school, it was time to take Lucy to the doctor. We got there and found out that she had a fever. So before we even got to the ankle, she got tested for strep and rsv. Then there was some loud wheezing in both lungs, which was concerning because she's never had any asthma symptoms before. So along with seeing about the ankle, now we also have a steroid and inhaler for her to use for a week and see if she improves. The doctor sent her down for an xray and said she wouldn't be surprised if it comes back as broken. 


We won't find out until tomorrow if it's broken and then we'll take it from there once we know. I feel like such a terrible parent because all day on Saturday I kept telling her to just get over it. But it may end up being something she can't just "walk off." I guess we'll see tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment