Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Day 11


Advent Photo Challenge word for the day: Steadfast

Lucy is steadfast in her devotion readings. We never miss a night. And if we have to, you better believe we're going to read two the next night! She has the book "The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers." Most of the time these days, she will read it to us. It has a short little story, a Bible verse and then a prayer. I love ti that she will remember lessons we've read weeks later and apply it to whatever her current situation is. My prayer for her is that she will always continue to take these moments to spend quiet time learning about her Heavenly Father and remain steadfast in her devotion reading, even as she grows older.

All of my photos today are from my phone. Lucy skipped school today and we had a "just girls" morning. We went and did some Christmas shopping, went to the mall and rode the carousel and then had Chick-fil-a for lunch. It was nice to be able to have some one-on-one time with her. I'm sure as you can imagine, her individual time with Mom and Dad is much smaller than it used to be and many times at home, that individual time will still be interrupted by a little boy (or boys!) who needs something. Maybe we can make our "girls outing" a monthly activity. After all, I love any excuse to go shopping! :)

Riding the Carousel at Hanes Mall

I do believe this child would eat Chick-fil-a every day if she could!

And a Peppermint Chocolate Chip milkshake on the ride home? Lucky girl! :)

And this last picture I took while Charlie and I were moving the Taurus so that we could get the van out to go to the store. He thought he was big stuff getting to "drive" the car! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment