Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 2

The Advent word for the photo challenge today was Bound. I'll admit that this was a tricky word for me. There are so many definitions for the word. So here are my thoughts for the day. . .


Michael and I are bound together because of the covenant we made before God and our friends and family. It is a daily choice that we make to honor those vows to love each other until death do us part. Our family is bound together by the love that we share. Michael and I are bound and determined to raise our children to grow up to be independent, thoughtful, considerate individuals who know the deep love of a Savior who gave His life so that we could live eternally. And finally, the joy that fills my heart from the many blessings of my family knows no bounds.


And for our Christmas photo of the day, we took the kids to see Santa Claus last Tuesday. We had gotten our family Christmas photos done and so we decided that we would just go ahead since we were already at the mall. We got there right as Santa was getting back from his lunch break. Santa came over and took Lucy's hand and walked with her over to her chair - she was thrilled! The boys were really tired by this point, so I sat in the picture with them.


It was a good choice to see him that day - there was no line, no crowds . . .quick and painless all around! Now we'll just be waiting for Santa to come and visit the Flack house!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment