Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 21


Today was a long day. These children . . .oh my. The day started again at 5 AM, and by 9:00, the boys were screaming for nap time. They did take a two hour nap though . . . And then after lunch, the destruction began. The boys tore apart all of the Rubbermaid cabinets again and then would not stop moving the baby gate that blocks the TV cabinet. You couldn't turn around before they had it open and were throwing DVDs everywhere. When I went and sat in front of the cabinet, they just kept hitting me. I reached my limit, so we jumped in the car and went to the park. Michael was gone to visit a church member in the hospital and I knew it was crazy to take the kids all by myself, but I couldn't stay at home any more.

There are two sections of the park in downtown Lewisville. There is a place with slides and then another with swings. Fortunately, the slide section is a small area that has a wall around it so it wasn't too hard to contain the boys. Lucy had a great time going down all the slides and the boys ran all around. I spent all of my time going back and forth from boy to boy, stopping them from climbing up the slides or taking mulch out of their hands before they ate it or wiping their face after they smeared dirt all over it .. .  oh well. They were laughing and having a good time. And it was so nice outside - we didn't even need jackets!

As you can tell from the videos, Michael showed up just in time to go swing. :) Everyone had a good time. If you watch closely, you'll see that Alex figured out how to swing himself!!


We came home from our fun at the park and I thought everyone would easily take a nap. It only took Lucy about 5 minutes to fall asleep but the boys flat out refused. After an hour and a half of trying to make them sleep, I gave up. Of course, for the rest of the afternoon they were fussy and crabby and just all around unpleasant. And destructive. Books have been torn apart - in fact, we have taken out all toys and books from the room except for about 3 things. Michael and Lucy left around 5 to go caroling with a group from church and so I fed the boys, gave them a bath and then they were beating on the door, saying "Night Night! Night Night!" and went down for the evening at 5:55. Sigh . . .I guess we'll see 5 AM again tomorrow. At least it is a full day of church activities so we will stay busy away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment