Saturday, December 14, 2013

Day 14

We got home today in time to take the kids to the birthday party for Jesus at Concord UMC. I was worried about how the kids would act since we had to wake them up to take them, but they did a good job. I wish there had been better attendance, but the weather was horrible, so I can't blame people for not coming out. We had a good time though with everyone there and it was a wonderful celebration.

We started off by coloring Christmas cards for baby Jesus

Alex even "colored" too :)

Then we sang some Christmas songs . . .Charlie was fascinated by the guitar.

We played a few games and then told the Christmas story.

And then it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and enjoy cupcakes!(Also, this is my Advent Photo for day 14 - the word was "Gather" so I thought this was appropriate!)

Mrs. Helen has kids with food allergies so she is so conscious of making sure there is food for all the children. Her cupcakes were vegan so that there would be no milk products - yay! The boys could have cupcakes too! They started off cautiously.

Lucy, of course, never misses a chance to eat something sweet! (No doubt she is my child!)

I wasn't sure if the boys would eat their cupcakes or not . . .but then, this happened . . . 





These boys chowed down and ate the whole thing!!

Alex held up his plate and said "Ah doh!" (All done!)


A good time was had all around! We came home and the kids played while Michael ran to see a sick church member. We watched Christmas movies while we played - How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Rudolph. All of a sudden, Charlie started pitching a fit in his angry voice. I thought maybe someone had taken a toy of his but, no. He had pulled his arm out of his sleeve and couldn't figure out how to get it back. :)


(Don't worry - after I laughed and took pictures, I fixed his shirt so he could be happy again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment