Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 9

So here is my Advent Picture for Day 8: Wisdom

Not very creative, but something I need to remember. Sometimes I don't always give that "faithful instruction," especially when frustrated. There are so many teachable moments throughout the day and I regret that there are times that I miss them because I simply want Lucy to stop whining and do whatever it is that I asked her to do. I find that when I take time to stop and talk and explain things to her, those lessons stick. It doesn't always help with future whining, but I know those lessons stick with her and more than anything, I want her to know that when problems arise, we can talk about them and solve them together rather than having me be quick to blame her for something and then suffer the consequences. Of course, consequences can't be avoided but at least she can understand why she has certain consequences and how to avoid that in the future. Sigh. . . I really need to work on this, during this hectic holiday season especially.

And then my Advent photo Day 9: Delight


So many choices for the word delight, but I find great delight these days in having a few moments to get to sit down and play. :) No deep thoughts there, just the simple pleasures!!

And here are some photos from this evening. The boys were in a destructive mood. We ended up having to take out the book shelf as well as the rubbermaid containers from the living room because all they wanted to do was knock them down and climb on top of them. Alex also got creative with their containers from the bookshelf.


 Where's Alex??

Peekaboo!!

Where's Alex??

PEEKABOO!!!


And then, because this little boy and his lamb are just so cute . ..  


No comments:

Post a Comment