Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Day 18

No Advent photo today . . .couldn't think of anything for "mercy." Oh well - tomorrow's word is patience and I should have no problem with that one! :)

The boys woke up again around 5 AM. This morning though, they were in the best mood! We came out and watched some Mickey Mouse while they had a cup of milk. By 6:30 though, they were ready for breakfast! Lucy got up around that time and so everyone ate, got dressed and then I took Lucy to school. After dropping her off, I headed out to finish the last of my Christmas shopping. I. Am. Done. If there was something someone wanted that they haven't mentioned, well, it's too late now! :)

I brought breakfast home (2nd breakfast for the little guys!) and the boys chowed down on some hashbrowns before taking a nap. They woke up just in time to go get Lucy - I wish they had slept a little longer because boy, were they grumpy!! Of course, after we came home and had some lunch, all seemed to be better. While the boys at lunch, Lucy entertained us with her homemade Nativity set from school.



Alex enjoyed listening :)

I tried to add this video I took of Lucy telling the Christmas story with her nativity. Unfortunately, for some reason blogger doesn't want to have anything to do with videos tonight. I put it on my facebook page though, if you want to check it out there. ;)

Lucy went to go take a nap and then the boys and I played for a little while. I tried to get them to take an afternoon nap, but after an hour of listening to them laugh and giggle and throw their toys back and forth between cribs, I just gave up. They came out with me and we had fun playing.

The cutest elf ever . . .look at that twinkle in his eye!

I snapped this right before Charlie tackled me ;)

He thought it was the biggest deal to be able to sit up on the fireplace!

I told them that Santa was coming down the chimney. Charlie is excited and Alex is beating on the fireplace doors. 

It got quiet and I looked over and found them reading to each other.



Seriously, he is the cutest elf ever!!


As the afternoon progressed, they tired of playing in the den, so we wandered into the living room to see Christmas decorations. 

Charlie kept bringing different pieces from the nativity to show me.

They played like this for only about 5 seconds before they started to pull things apart and throw them. But for those five seconds, aren't they cute??

Before dinner time, we ran laps up and down the hall. As you can tell, Charlie really enjoyed that!

By 5:00, the boys were screaming for dinner. After that we immediately put them in their PJs and tried to keep them awake until at least 6 PM. After a LONG hour, they headed to bed. It was a good day overall though. :) Tomorrow is the last day of school for Lucy and me before Christmas break. We are looking forward to a fun filled week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment